Adult Book Club Books
A group of reading enthusiasts meet monthly to choose, read, and discuss books. Please ask one of our staff and we will be happy to help you!
Book Club Kits at our Library
Sponsored by the following Federations: Island Link Federation, North Coast Federation, North East Library Federation, Kootenay Library Federation, North Central Federation.
Note: We only carry ten copies of each book, which are split into two sets of five.
- All the birds in the sky – Charlie Jane Anders
- All the light we cannot see – Anthony Doerr
- Are we smart enough to know how smart animals are? – Frans De Waal
- Ashfall – Mike Mullin
- At the water’s edge – Sara Gruen
- An available man – Hilma Wolitzer
- The bear -Claire Cameron
- Be frank with me – Julia Claiborne Johnson
- Between the world and me – Ta Nehisi-Coates
- Birdie – Tracey Lindberg
- Born on a Tuesday – Elnathan John
- Boston girl – Anita Diamant
- The buried giant – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Book of speculation – Erika Swyler
- The Bookseller – Cynthia Swanson
- Brief history of seven killings – Marlon James
- The children act – Ian McEwan
- The children’s crusade – Ann Packer
- Circling the sun – Paula McLain.
- Come away with me – Karma Brown
- Dead wake -Erik Larson
- Daredevils – Shawn Vestal
- The evening chorus – Helen Humphreys
- Every Anxious Wave – No Daviau
- Everything, everything – Nicola Yoon
- Fates and Furies – Lauren Groff
- Fifteen Dogs – Andre Alexis
- Fishermen – Chigozie
- Furiously happy – Jenny Lawson
- Georgia – Dawn Tripp
- Girl in the red coat – Kate Hamer
- The girl on the train – Paula Hawkins
- Girl who saved the king of Sweden
- Go set a watchman – Harper Lee
- Great falls – Steve Watkins
- Grunt – Mary Roach
- H is for hawk – Helen MacDonald
- High Mountains of Portugal – Yann Martel
- His whole life – Elizabeth Hay
- Hourglass factory – Lucy Ribchester
- Hystopia – David Means
- Illegal – Lawrence Hill
- In one person – John Irving
- Inside the O’Briens – Lisa Genova
- It was me all along – Andie Mitchell
- Life & death of Sophie Stark – Anna North
- Little old lady who broke all the rules – Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
- Lost and found – Brooke Davis
- Lovecraft country – Matt Ruff
- Luminaries – Eleanor Catton
- Marriage of opposites – Alice Hoffman
- Miniaturist – Jessica Burton
- Mother’s Reckoning – Sue Klebold
- Mountain story – Lori Lansens
- My name is Lucy Barton – Elizabeth Strout
- Nest – Cynthia Sweeney
- The nightingale – Kristin Hannah
- Our souls at night – Kent Haruf
- Pacific – Simon Winchester
- Purity – Jonathan Franzen
- Readers of broken wheel recommend – Katarina Bivald
- Right to be cold – Sheila Watt-Cloutier
- A Rock fell on the moon – Alicia Priest
- Secrets of Midwives – Sally Hepworth
- Sound of gravel – Ruth Wariner
- Station Eleven – Emily St. John Mandel
- Sympathizer – Viet Thanh Nguyen
- Vegetarian – Han Kang
- The water knife – Paolo Bacigalup
- We are all completely beside ourselves – Karen Joy Fowler
- We are not ourselves – Matthew Thomas
- What lies between us – Nayomi Munaweera
- What was mine – Helen Klein Ross
- When Breath becomes air – Paul Kalanithi
- Widow – Fiona Barton
If you are interested in being a part of our book club, or starting your own, please call us at (250) 783-9414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReadsIncludes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.caFocuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club
Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat!
A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.