Borrow from Other Libraries
There may be times when you want to borrow from another BC Library:
- You happen to be visiting another BC Library.
- You couldn’t find what you were looking for in your home library.
Interlibrary Connect (2) Interlibrary Connect is a new way of requesting books and other items from 26 participating BC Libraries.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log into your account through our website.
- When you look through the catalogue, you will see that now it displays holdings of other BC libraries along with our own collection. For an expanded search of all 26 participating libraries, change the Library: search box to “BC Interlibrary Connect.”
- Place a hold on the item you want. (Limit your search to format in advanced sear if too many results)
- If it’s not available here, the hold will be automatically transferred to the first BC library that has it available.
- It will then be sent here to Hudson’s Hope for you to pick up.
- You may decide how you would like to be notified of your items’ arrival in your MyAccount (insert link) settings and track your hold requests from other libraries
Books not available within the Federation can still be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
DVD and other audio visual material can be ordered through Interlibrary Connect but may not be available through Interlibrary Loan.
As always, library staff are here if you have questions about how to use the catalogue or to place holds for you if preferred.
Visiting Other BC Libraries
If you’re on the road and find yourself in another BC public library, you can easily borrow items. The best part is that you can return these items to any other BC public library, so if you’re traveling through BC, it’s easy to drop items off as you go. We call this program BC OneCard. For more information on how to do this, check our BC OneCard page (please note that borrowing policies may vary slightly between various libraries).
Requesting Books to be Delivered to Your Home Library
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our catalogue, try finding it elsewhere in BC using Illume, a catalogue for all BC libraries. If you find it at another library, request it to be delivered to your home library for pick up!